martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

One Year... and Counting!!

Today Andy and I celebrate one year of living together. Its been an amazing year, full of miracles and adventures. We experienced the Lords protection and His supply like never before.
The day was normal taking care of kids, cleaning, cooking etc.and then at night we went out to dinner just the two of us. We talked about the year we spent together.
Four months after he came to live with us we moved from Acapulco not knowing where we were going hoping to spend some time "alone", fundraising and looking for the "perfect home". We spent a week with his family in Mexico city and on our way to Saltillo had the accident. I don't know if I'm ready to say that "if I could go through it again, I would" but I can definitely see the Lords hand in it. Because of the accident we decided to stay in Saltillo, the Lord opened doors in a very nice Christian school for the kids and He has supplied every thing we needed.

It may not seem like the ideal first year for most couples but for me its been one of the best yet. The Lord knows what we want and need better than we do ourselves. Andy has been the "best" of the year. I think that through all the different situations we have been in, I have gotten to know a side of him that I wouldn't have known any other way, and I admire and love him all the more for it. He has the self control and calm trusting attitude that I lack, he makes me laugh like only my family can, he puts in practice the saying "If I am wrong I will say so, if I am right I will shut up", he's a gentleman and makes me feel so special, he cooks for me on rest day AND parent day... what more can I say? He's everything I asked for and more.
I am incredibly blessed!!!

4 comentarios:

Naty dijo...

Awwww! I almost shed a tear, heh! That's very sweet. And your hair is looking good. LY!

Danny and Irene dijo...

So sweet! Has it really been a year? Man, time goes by so fast, its unbelievable! I love you guys, and wish you the best of the best!
You look beautiful Caro and I'm so proud of you for posting, hee hee!
Keep the pics coming, I love to see them!
oxoxoxoxox I love you guys!

Carolina dijo...

Keep the tears Nat! I appreciate the sweet generic comments like Irene"s heh! Thank you guys I really made an effort that night to look human!

Clara dijo...

i haven't been on here in so long cause you used to never post, little did I know that I would find all these treasures here :) i miss you caro! I am happy to see that you are all doing good and that Andy has been such a good guy to you.
Congratulations! give the kids love and hugs from their FAVORITE aunt in the world.